November 14, 2009


I was just in San Francisco for my art opening at Rare Device (more on that later), and had a lovely week in the warm fogless sunshine. On my way home, I stopped in Arcata along the coast to see my old friend Peter Mulvey play at the Arcata Playhouse. I've known him a long time, from my Milwaukee years, and we only get to see each other when he migrates south along the west coast from gig to gig like so many ponds... But it's always like I had just seen him yesterday. You have not heard a guitar until you've heard Peter play his. His music and words are inspiring to no end.


Long ago, he handed me his well worn hat and asked me to put an owl on it. I decided embroidery was the best way to place this feather in his cap. It's a little wonky, but, I like it. And more importantly, so does he.

No comments:

Post a Comment