October 12, 2009


On a crisp, breezy, autumnal Sunday morning, I was lucky enough to be a part of the wedding of two dear friends of mine, Carol and James. I love gifting my talents to dear friends for such occasions, and this was no exception. I designed invites + rsvp cards, programs, table numbers and the web site for their special day, and it suited their sweetness perfectly. Plus, it made them so happy! The greatest reward for me as an illustrator is to watch the smile spread across one's face when they see what I've done for them. The web site was really fun... I started a theme based on a favorite Robert Frost quote the couple chose, and drew two foxes that meet from afar across a brook. If you click from left to right on the links at the top, you will see the two foxes grow closer with each page of the site. I don't know if anyone else caught that little element, but I enjoyed it!

The wedding itself was so increbily sweet. A breakfast wedding! Complete with Voodoo Doughnuts, and the scent of bacon wafting in as they exchanged vows. Everything's better with bacon! Here's to a lovely new life for my dear friends...





No comments:

Post a Comment